Continuing Education WorkshopsBack to Schedule Page
C.E. Workshop Learning Objectives
An Interactional Approach to Critical Events in Supervision (Ladany) - Participants will:
1. Understand the general definitions of task markers, task environments, and task resolution.
2. Identify some common interactional sequences in supervision environments and task resolution.
3. Obtain a better sense of working with conflictual issues in supervision.
Suicide: Prevention, Intervention, and Postvention (Westefield) - Participants will:
1. Be able to assess for suicidal risk.
2. Be aware of the essential components of an effective suicide prevention program.
3. Know the major therapeutic interventions with suicidal clients.
4. Be aware of suicide risk factors.
5. Be aware of the effective components of a suicide post intervention plan.
6. Be conversant regarding current issues in suicidology.
Private Assessment in the World of Response to Intervention (RIT) (Gabel) - Participants will:
1. With many schools using new RTI processes, learn how private practitioner's roles are changing.
2. Learn about some of the new assessments available, and strategies to enhance your assessment practice in the world of RTI.